- To provide funding to those individuals who cannot afford access to the services of mental health professionals.
MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS DEFINED
2. Psychotherapist with a Masters or PhD in either Psychology or Social Work
Individuals currently serving in any one of the following occupations may be eligible for funding:
- 911, EMS, or Fire Communications Officer (Call Taker/Dispatcher)
- Correctional Officer (to include parole and Probation Officers)
- Military (Air Force, Army, Navy)
- Police Officer
- A Peace Officer as defined by the Criminal Code of Canada
TO ACCESS FUNDING:
Funding requests must be submitted by a mental health professional. Requests must be submitted in writing. Funding availability is subject to donor contributions.
The letter must include the following:
- Name of Mental Health professional
- Contact information of the Mental Health Professional
- Name of Patient
- Occupation of Patient
- Patients contact information (for audit purposes)
- Number of sessions required
- Amount of funding requested
All cheques will be made payable to the Mental Health professional who has requested the funding.
Funding will be capped at $500.00 per person and/or per family.
At the time of the inquiry, you will be asked if you have utilized your workplace-provided benefits, union benevolence, personal insurance coverage or other additional agency possibilities. An inquiry should also be pursued thru Wounded Warriors and TEMA.