- To provide funding to those individuals who cannot afford access to the services of a mental health professional.
MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL DEFINED
2. Psychotherapist with a Masters or PhD in either Psychology or Social Work
Individuals currently serving in any one of the following occupations may be eligible for funding:
- 911, EMS, or Fire Communications Officer (Call Taker/Dispatcher)
- Correctional Officer (to include parole and Probation Officers)
- Military (Air Force, Army, Navy)
- Police Officer
- A Peace Officer as defined by the Criminal Code of Canada
TO ACCESS FUNDING:
Funding requests must be submitted by a mental health professional. Requests must be submitted in writing. Funding availability is subject to donor contributions.
The letter must include the following:
- Name of Mental Health professional
- Contact information of the Mental Health Professional
- Name of Patient
- Occupation of Patient
- Patients contact information (for audit purposes)
- Number of sessions required
- Amount of funding requested
All cheques will be made payable to the Mental Health professional who has requested the funding.
Funding will be capped at $500.00 per person and/or per family.
At time of inquiry, you will be asked if you have utilized your workplace provided benefits, union benevolence, personal insurance coverage or other additional agency possibilities. An inquiry should also be pursued thru Wounded Warriors and TEMA.