SORRY THIS EVENT HAS SOLD OUT!
May 7th and 8th 2019 Peer Support Certification Calgary via Mood Disorders of Canada and Legacy Place Society… UPDATE – THIS CLASS HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
Peer Support Certification for First Responders and Military Personnel.
There is no substitute for being among people who are going through the same things as you are.
In response to the need for peer support, The Mood Disorders Society of Canada’s Peer and Trauma Support Systems (P.A.T.S.S.) Team led by facilitator’s with years of lived experience will share their knowledge and experience in the training of peer support groups.
Peer support is intended to complement clinical care that may already be provided to first responders and military personnel through the various assistance programs.
It is well documented that peer support group members can offer greater feelings of empathy and connectedness than what occurs in a typical patient-therapist relationship.
There are six key components to the training that make this Peer Support certification stand out:
- All the workshops include a mental health worker addressing certain specific objectives and lived experience facilitators.
- Every participant receives a working manual.
- All the objectives that are shared are evidence-based and well researched since they come directly out of the evidence-based and well researched MHCC Guidelines.
- Every facilitator has personal experiences themselves that validate the existence and need for the various objective to be included in the training.
- Every workshop includes a practical application in that every participant gets to develop a peer support group and actually test run a peer support meeting.
- Every participant receives a certificate for 16 hours of peer support training from the Mood Disorders Society of Canada.
This particular workshop on May 7th and 8th in Calgary is being presented by certified personnel from Mood Disorders of Canada and the Calgary Police Service. Additional workshop dates will be announced soon and will be available on the www.legacyplacesociety.com website.
Funding from a grant from The Calgary Foundation and numerous 3rd party fund raisers that support Legacy Place Society mental wellness initiatives have permitted this workshop participant cost to be minimal.
Parking – there is plenty of free parking
Refreshments – please bring your own nut free snacks and lunch
Dress code – business casual
While the cost of this 2 day workshop is normally $400 per participant (and the May 7th and 8th workshop has been generously sponsored), due to high demand, we are asking for a $50 registration to hold your placement.
Location of this workshop will be disclosed the week before the workshop.
Contact Legacy Place Society if you have any questions mailto:email@example.com