PLEASE NOTE – Due to changes in the Facilitators schedule, this class has been cancelled. Hope to reschedule in July.
April 12th and 13th 2019 Peer Support Certification in Leduc, AB
There is no substitute for being among people who are going through the same things as you are.
In response to the need for peer support, The Mood Disorders Society of Canada’s Peer and Trauma Support Systems (P.A.T.S.S.) Team led by facilitator’s with years of lived experience will share their knowledge and experience in the training of peer support groups.
Peer support is intended to complement clinical care that may already be provided to first responders and military personnel through the various assistance programs.
It is well documented that peer support group members can offer greater feelings of empathy and connectedness than what occurs in a typical patient-therapist relationship.
There are six key components to the training that make this Peer Support certification stand out:
- All the workshops include a mental health worker addressing certain specific objectives and lived experience facilitators.
- Every participant receives a working manual.
- All the objectives that are shared are evidence-based and well researched since they come directly out of the evidence-based and well researched MHCC Guidelines.
- Every facilitator has personal experiences themselves that validate the existence and need for the various objective to be included in the training.
- Every workshop includes a practical application in that every participant gets to develop a peer support group and actually test run a peer support meeting.
- Every participant receives a certificate for 16 hours of peer support training from the Mood Disorders Society of Canada.
This particular workshop on April 12th and 13th in Leduc, AB is being presented by certified personnel from Mood Disorders of Canada. Additional workshop dates will be announced soon and will be available on the www.legacyplacesociety.com website.
While the cost of this 2 day workshop is normally $400 per participant funding from numerous 3rd party fund raisers that support Legacy Place Society mental wellness initiatives have permitted this workshop participant cost to be minimal of $50. You must register and complete both days of the workshop in order to receive your certificate.
Parking – there is plenty of free parking
Refreshments – please bring your own nut free snacks and lunch (you can purchase lunch on site)
Dress code – business casual
Location of this workshop is at the Legion in Leduc, AB.
Contact Legacy Place Society if you have any questions mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org